HARRISBURG – The Senate Judiciary Committee, chaired by Sen. Lisa Baker (R-20), is holding a confirmation hearing and voting meeting tomorrow, June 22, at 10 a.m., in Hearing Room 1, North Office Building, Capitol Complex, Harrisburg.
The following nominations will be considered:
- Dr. Laurel Harry, secretary, Department of Corrections;
- Michael Piecuch, Esq., judge, Court of Common Pleas, Snyder and Union counties; and
- Michael P. Toomey, Esq., judge, Court of Common Pleas, Northumberland County.
The following bills will be considered:
- Senate Bill 815 (Baker) – Provides that the grantor of a trust who is treated as the owner of the trust pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, shall be obligated to pay the appropriate Pennsylvania income taxes.
- Senate Bill 838 (Baker) – Establishes probation review conferences and limits on total confinement for technical violations.
Livestream will be available at pasenategop.com/watch/.