HARRISBURG – The Senate Judiciary Committee, chaired by Sen. Lisa Baker (R-20), and the Senate Aging and Youth Committee, chaired by Sen. Judy Ward (R-30), are hosting a public hearing tomorrow, March 14, at 11 a.m., in Hearing Room 1 of the North Office Building in the Capitol Complex, Harrisburg, on strengthening guardianship laws and preventing elder abuse.
Remarks will be provided by:
- The Honorable Lois Murphy, judge, Court of Common Pleas, Montgomery County, Administrative Judge, Orphan’s Court Division,
- Pam Walz, Elder Law Section, Pennsylvania Bar Association,
- Sally L. Schoffstall, Esq., certified elder law attorney, Schoffstall Elder Law, Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys,
- Connie Brode, executive director, Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging,
- Teresa Osborne, state advocacy director, AARP Pennsylvania,
- Jennifer Garman, Esq., director of government affairs, Disability Rights Pennsylvania and
- Chelsea Robbins, deputy district attorney, Dauphin County District Attorney’s Office.
Livestream will be available at pasenategop.com/watch/.