The Senate Appropriations and Labor & Industry Committees will hold a joint hearing for the purpose of better understanding and exploring the impact of the new Federal Department of Labor overtime rules under the Fair Labor Standards Act, according to Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Senator Pat Browne (R-Lehigh) and Senate Labor and Industry Chairwoman Senator Lisa Baker (R-Luzerne).
Key provisions of the new rules will become effective December 1, 2016.
WHEN: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 10 a.m.
WHERE: Harrisburg Capitol Building
North Office Building, Hearing Room #1
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Tentatively scheduled to testify include:
- Ken Hess, DGS Deputy Secretary of Procurement
- James Honchar, OA Deputy Secretary for Human Resources and Management
- Sean Ramaley, L&I Deputy Secretary Safety & Labor/Management Relations
- Merry Bollheimer, JD, General Counsel and Vice President for Legal Affairs, Mercyhurst University
- Richard S. Edley, PhD, President and CEO Rehabilitation and Community Providers Association (RCPA)
- Art Hoopes, President and CEO, Capital Healthcare Solutions
- Scott Spreat, President and CEO of Woods Services, Inc.
- Kathy Speaker MacNett, Esq., Skarlatos, Zonarich LLC
- Robert W. Pritchard, Esq., Littler Mendelson P.C
- Robert Commero, General Manager, The Pressroom Restaurant & Bar
- Bob McCafferty, North Country Brewing Company
- Thomas G. Collins, Esq., Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, P.C., (for the Pennsylvania Homecare Association)
We invite the media to attend and cover this event.