HAWLEY – Sen. Lisa Baker has announced the winning photographers in her second annual “Scenes From the 20th Senatorial District” photo contest. The selected pictures, three representing each season, were determined by nearly 23,000 online votes.
More than 200 images were submitted from throughout the five counties that make up the 20th Senatorial District – Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming.
“I applaud the talented photographers who were able to capture the natural beauty that exists in our backyards,” said Baker. “To see so many submissions and votes cast is a testament to the creativity and community pride of our residents.”
This year’s winners are:
- JANUARY: Katie Larsen-Lick, Mountain Top – The Trees In Winter at the Ice Lakes;
- FEBRUARY: Eileen Chorba, Beach Lake – Frozen and Snowy Falls in Honesdale;
- MARCH: Laura Salmanowitz, Milford – Fawn in Pike County;
- APRIL: Jeffrey Sidle, Hawley – Red Fox in Honesdale;
- MAY: Sarah O’Fee, Hawley – Spring is Abuzz at Ehrhardt’s Waterfront Resort;
- JUNE: Sherry Eastwood, Tunkhannock – Sunset Over the Susquehanna in Tunkhannock;
- JULY: Janie Stabinsky, Mehoopany – Flowers by Stonewall in Jenningsville;
- AUGUST: Jeffrey Sidle, Hawley – Super Moon Over the Hawley Gazebo;
- SEPTEMBER: Karen Colaiaco, Matamoras – Red Barn in Blooming Grove Township;
- OCTOBER: Ann Mallon, Greeley – Trick or Treat in Greeley;
- NOVEMBER: Michael Soskil, Newfoundland – Egypt Meadow Lake in Greentown;
- DECEMBER: Michele Geiser, Shavertown – Winter at the Nicholson Bridge.
A limited number of calendars are available. To request your free copy, call or stop by one of Baker’s district offices during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: 2512 Route 6, Hawley, in the lower level of the Lake Wallenpaupack Visitors Center, 570-226-5960, or 22 Dallas Shopping Center, Memorial Highway, Dallas, 570-675-3931. To see a printable version of the calendar, go to: https://www.senatorbaker.com/files/2016/01/BakerPhotoCalendar2016C.pdf
Details for the third annual “Scenes from the 20th Senatorial District” photo contest will be announced shortly. To make sure you don’t miss the notice, follow Sen. Baker on Twitter @SenLisaBaker, like Senator Lisa Baker on Facebook or sign up for her E-Newsletter and other electronic communication on her website, www.senatorbaker.com/
Andrew M. Seder