Scenes from the 20th Senatorial District
2016 Photo Contest
|Pennsylvania’s 20th Senatorial District spans from the Delaware River in the east to the Endless Mountains in the west with unique communities dotting the landscape in between.|
|From rolling farms to bustling Main Streets, picturesque vistas throughout the many boroughs and townships that make up the district are a photographer’s dream. Residents are proud of the historic structures, natural beauty, events and people that make their towns special.|
|Whether it’s that historic church you drive by each day or an eagle swooping down for a fish in the river, the annual Memorial Day parade or a school event, Senator Baker wants you to share the sights and scenes from your area with your 20th District neighbors.|
|Contestants can submit up to a total of five of their favorite shots under one of four categories: Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter. The contest is open to all individuals, both children and adults, but photos must have been taken within the boundaries of the 20th District. To determine whether your photo is eligible, please click here to visit a map of municipalities.|
|The contest will remain open for submissions until September 15, 2016. Voting will take place from September 16, 2016 to October 14, 2016. Voters will be permitted to cast one vote per IP address per day through October 14.|
|Winning photos will be featured in the 2017 “Scenes from the 20th Senatorial District Calendar.” The top three vote-getters in each category will serve as a featured month in the calendar.|
|To submit your photo, click on the browse button and select the appropriate file. You will receive an email message once your image has been received; however, photos will not be immediately available for viewing as they must be approved before posting. All information must be completed. Be sure to include the location of where the picture was taken in your description.|
| Senate of Pennsylvania Photo Release Form
By uploading your photo, you hereby:
|• Authorize and grant the Senate of Pennsylvania, including the Office of Senator Lisa Baker , (hereafter referred to as “Senate”) permission to use your photograph in any and all of its publications, including but not limited to, all printed and digital publications without payment or any other consideration.
• Understand and agree that any photograph using your likeness will become the property of the Senate and will not be returned.
• Acknowledge that since your participation in this photo contest is voluntary, you will receive no financial compensation.
• Irrevocably authorize the Senate to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photograph for any lawful purpose related to a Senate program, a Senator’s office, a Senator’s district or a Senator’s constituents.
• Waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein your likeness appears.
• Waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph.
• Hold harmless and release and forever discharge the Senate, its representatives, employees, assigns or any other persons acting on its behalf from all claims, demands, and causes of action which you, your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators or any other persons acting on behalf of your estate may have by reason of this authorization.
• Affirm that you are at least 18 years of age and competent to contract in your own name.
• Affirm that the photograph is a new and original work, you are the sole creator of the photograph and the sole owner of all rights in and to the photograph, the photograph contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right, you have the power to grant all licenses and rights in the manner contained herein, and your license of the photograph in the manner contained herein does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or any other rights of third parties.
• You have read this release and fully understand the content, meaning and impact of the release.
By selecting the “Upload” button, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement. By selecting “I Accept” you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement’s terms and conditions.