HAWLEY – Sen. Lisa Baker congratulated the winners of her first-ever calendar contest during a ceremony in her Eastern District office along Lake Wallenpaupack on Thursday, Feb. 5.
The 2014 “Scenes from the 20th Senatorial District” photo contest received nearly 200 entries showcasing the people, places and things from throughout the region. A total of 16,401 votes were cast, and the results were close in all six categories.
The winning photographs included scenes from all five counties that encompass the district – Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming.
“I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the images submitted,” Baker said. “They perfectly captured the beauty and excitement the 20th District has to offer. I’m hoping there is even more interest this year.”
Photos will be organized by the season they best represent – Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter. Voting will take place from September 1, 2015 to September 30, 2015. The top three vote-getters in each category will serve as a featured month in the 2016 “Scenes from the 20th Senatorial District” Calendar. To make sure you don’t miss the announcement, follow Sen. Baker on Twitter @SenLisaBaker and SenatorLisaBaker on Facebook and sign up for her E-Newsletter and other electronic communication on her website, www.senatorbaker.com/”
List of winners, hometowns, image description:
- COVER: Eileen Chorba, Beach Lake, Winter on Bunnell’s Pond;
- JANUARY: Terri Heisler-Hess, Bushkill, Snow-nosed deer;
- FEBRUARY: Katie Larsen-Lick, Mountain Top, The White Door;
- MARCH: Jeffrey Sidle, Hawley, Bear cub in a tree;
- APRIL: Jeanette Niebauer, Dallas Township, Creekside Gardens;
- MAY: Eileen Chorba, Beach Lake, Bald Eagle
- JUNE: Kim Erickson, Cherry Ridge Township, Tyler Hill Farm Country Inn;
- JULY: Paula Mandracchia, Schwenksville, Summer on Lake Wallenpaupack;
- AUGUST: Janie Stabinsky, Mehoopany, Sunrise on Chamberlain Pond;
- SEPTEMBER: Barbara Grace, Simpson, Forest City’s Lake Erie;
- OCTOBER: James Hamill, Honesdale, Railroad in Honesdale;
- NOVEMBER: Cindy Innella, Shohola, Home from a National Guard drill;
- DECEMBER: Katie Larsen-Lick, Mountain Top, Bench along the lake;
Andrew M. Seder firstname.lastname@example.org