HARRISBURG – A completely revamped version of the General Assembly’s website was launched to give the public better access to a wide array of legislative information, including bill text and history, votes in the Senate and the House, committee meetings and votes, and much more, according to Senator Lisa Baker (R-20).
The website is available at www.legis.state.pa.us.
“The new site provides easy access to information about the actions taken by the state legislature, which helps bring about greater public awareness and increased accountability,” Baker said.
Some of the most prominent features of the redesigned website include:
- a front page that highlights current, relevant content such as convening times for the Senate and House, upcoming committee meetings and recent votes;
- new pages for the Senate and the House which highlight recent roll call votes and scheduled committee meetings;
- buttons on nearly every page which make it easy for users to share that page on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn; and
- the ability to track bill and committee activity through the free PaLegis Notifications email system.
Additional features of the new site include:
- easier tools to help residents identify their legislators and find the text of bills being considered;
- new Google Calendar and iCal features, making it easy to add upcoming committee meetings to the user’s personal calendar;
- integrated, relevant tweets from the nonpartisan @PaLegis Twitter account;
- a new “popular pages” tab on the front page, giving instant access to the most-visited pages on the website;
- an enhanced executive nominations section, which includes links to roll call votes, nomination letters, and Statements of Financial Interest;
- easier site navigation, with relevant additional information in the right column; and
- an entirely new, user-friendly look and feel throughout the website.
Legislative leaders have encouraged the public to comment on the new site using the Twitter hashtag #PAGAwebsite or by clicking on the email link in the top right corner of every page on the new site.