School Safety Hearing
Senate Education and Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness
February 13, 2013
9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Hearing Room #1/North Office Building
Please click on links to view testimony in PDF format
|9:00 a.m. to 9:10 a.m.
||Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Sen. Lisa Baker, Chair, Senate Veterans
Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Sen. Mike Folmer, Chair, Senate Education Committee
- Sen. Joe Scarnati, Senate President Pro Tempore
|9:10 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Supt. Mike Strutt, Butler Area SD
- Supt. Timothy Deluccia, DuBois Area SD
- Supt. Mike Silsby, Wallenpaupack Area SD
- Joseph DeLucca, Director of Federal, State and Non-public
Programs, Luzerne Intermediate
Unit, Luzerne County Safe Schools Committee
|9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Secretary Ronald Tomalis, PA Department of Education
- Michael Kozup, Safe Schools Office, PA Department of Education
|9:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Donald W. Smith, Jr.,
Emergency Planning and Response Management Coordinator,
Center for Safe Schools
|10:00 am to 10:20 a.m.
- Director Glenn Cannon, PA Emergency Management Agency
- Colonel Frank Noonan, Commissioner, PA State Police
- Lt. Colonel George Bivens, PA State Police
|10:20 am to 10:40 a.m.
- Chief Robert Martin, Susquehanna Twp. Police Dept.,
Past President, Chiefs of Police Association
- Sheriff Phil Bueki, Pike County,
and Past President, PA Sheriffs Association
- Police Officer John Bruner, South Strabane Township,
|10:40 am to 11:00 a.m.
- Michael J. Crossey, President, PA State Education Association
- Joseph M. Zupancic, Canon-McMillan School Board of Directors,
PA School Boards Association